What is Linear?
Linear is an amazing project management tool, which you can learn more about here. We personally use Linear here at Contrast and would 10/10 recommend to anyone building software.
What does the Linear integration do?
Once you connect, you can start linking pages and frames in Contrast to Linear issues. When you link a frame to an issue:
- The Linear issue will automatically populate with an image of the frame, helpful metadata, and a direct link back to that frame in Contrast.
- View all linked issues and their statuses directly inside Contrast.
How to set up the Linear integration
- Open Linear → go to
Personal API Keys
- Add a
Label(i.e. Contrast), click
Create Key, and copy the
- Open Contrast → go to
Linear→ and paste the
How to link Linear issues
- Open any project in Contrast and under the
- Select any page or frame
- In the sidebar, click the
+ Link Page/Frameto copy the URL
- Open Linear
- Create a new issue
- Paste the URL into the issue and press
- It may take a few seconds to load but an image of the frame, metadata, and a link back to Contrast will appear.
Still have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!